Your co-pay or payment is expected in full at the time of your visit. Please come prepared to pay this. We accept cash, checks, or Visa/MasterCard.
- All co-pays and any previous balances are due at time of service.
- Insurance is filed as a courtesy to our patients.
- You are responsible for securing and bringing a valid referral, if applicable.
- We accept Cash, Checks, Visa and MasterCard as forms of payment.
- Returned checks will be assessed a fee of $25.00.
- Should you require payment terms, please contact our finance department and they will gladly assist you with terms to fit your budget needs.
When you or your physician’s office calls to schedule your appointment, every effort will be made to see you as soon as possible. Please plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before your appointment. Please have your previous medical records and x-ray films forwarded to our office prior to your appointment. It is extremely important that we have this information in order to provide you with the best medical care.
Also, please bring your medications with you. If you are scheduled for a medical procedure, you will receive instructions for preparing for that procedure. Please do not hesitate to call our office if you have any questions regarding the preparation.
If you are unable to keep your appointment, please notify us 72 hours prior to your scheduled appointment so that we may schedule another patient for that time. After hours, you may cancel your appointment by leaving a message with our answering service. At GLST We make every effort to remind you of your upcoming appointment. Please make sure that we have your current daytime phone number on file.
Canceling a Procedure:
At GLST, we make every effort to accommodate the needs of our patients. Scheduling a procedure requires a significant effort on the part of our patients, their families and our staff. It usually requires time off from work and a family member to provide a ride home.
Due to the ever-increasing demand for endoscopic services, it is getting more and more difficult to find procedure time. If you have a procedure scheduled and find that you need to reschedule or cancel, please notify us at least 72 hours prior to your appointment so that we can schedule another patient for that time.
Failure to notify us of a cancelled or rescheduled procedure within 72 hours may result in a fee of $150.00.
Our knowledgeable staff is available to answer your questions from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday through Friday at any of our office locations. Should your questions require more extensive expert medical advice, a doctor or nurse will return your call or send instructions as soon as possible.
- Anthem HMO and PPO
- MAMSI/Optimum Choice/Coventry
- Tricare Standard Only (we do not participate with Tricare Prime)
- United Healthcare
- Virginia Health Network
- Virginia Medicaid (we do not participate with out of state Medicaid programs)
We also accept numerous commercial insurances. Please contact your insurance company, in advance of your appointment, to verify your coverage benefits as well as our participation with your plan.