COVID-19 Coronavirus Update
We at Digestive and Liver Disease Specialists, a division of Gastrointestinal and Liver Specialists of Tidewater, are taking all appropriate precautions to protect our patients and staff during the COVID pandemic. Our office has effective telephone evaluation/triage of patients to keep practice staff and visitors safe while putting patients on the appropriate care path as some who seek an in-person visit may be better accommodated through a telehealth virtual visit or, in more urgent cases, need to be directed to a hospital or COVID-19 testing site.
A standardized pre-visit screening questionnaire and a temperature check upon arrival to our facility will be done for all patients. Our staff is also screened daily in the same way to ensure maximal safety.
Our office and endoscopy units are certified by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) which is awarded only to centers of excellence in providing safe and high-quality services for patients. Our COVID-19 screening procedures and protocols are in place to assure that your visit will be with the highest standards for safety and protection. We look forward to seeing you soon!
- Do you have a fever or have you/they felt hot or feverish recently (14-21 days)?
- Do you have new shortness of breath or other difficulties breathing?
- Do you have a cough?
- Any other flu-like symptoms, such as gastrointestinal upset, headache, or fatigue?
- Have you experienced a recent loss of taste or smell?
- Any contact with any confirmed COVID-19 positive patients? Patients who are well but who have a sick family member at home with COVID-19 should postpone elective visits to the office but can be seen by telehealth visit
- Any new onset of diarrhea (not related to colonoscopy preparation)
- Have you/they traveled in the past 14 days to any hot spots affected by COVID-19? (as relevant to your location)